|Marker||DYS393||DYS390||DYS19 **||DYS391||DYS385||DYS426||DYS388||DYS439||DYS389I||DYS392||DYS389II ***|
Locations: English, Scottish, Sicily, Irish: Port Láirge, Irish , Scottish, Norman people, Mott a town in Cotes du Nord, Normandy, Old English, Bouelles, near Neufchatel, in Normandy, English , German , Italian , Spanish, Spain, German state of Bavaria, Dutch , English , German , Irish , Swedish, Scottish/English Borderlands, Anglo-Saxon, English , German, Swabia, French , Scottish.
20 Generations (Last 500 years).
Closely related to the Elliott, Wall, Nickson, Oakes, Suthers, Palermo, Foley, Welch, Fletcher, Mottes, Spears, Boles, Brandal, Palmer, Castellanos, Rotter families.
Name: Mr. Austin David Wall Sr.
Earliest Known Ancestor: Shadrach Wall, b.c. 1781, Md w. Elizabeth Matthews
Marker Location: Ellaville, GA, USA
Name: Timothy R Nickson
Earliest Known Ancestor: Nickson
Marker Location: Nevada, MO 64772, USA
Name: Mr. David Eugene Elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: James Elliott b 1805 Washington Co., Ky
Marker Location: Washington, KY, USA
Name: Mr. Charles William Elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: Andrew Elliott, abt 1778, abt 1820
Marker Location: York County, Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Cary D Oakes
Earliest Known Ancestor: Virl F. Oakes, 1909-1936
Marker Location: Oxford, IA 52322, USA
Name: reg orville elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: Mr. William Elliott, b. 1823 and d. 1886
Marker Location: Kendal, Clarington, ON L0A, Canada
Name: Eric HORRIOT
Earliest Known Ancestor: Roger Horriot, b. 1930
Marker Location: 52400 Serqueux, France
Name: Roger William Bodman
Earliest Known Ancestor: George Bodman, 1820-1896
Marker Location: Bulkington, UK
Name: Ward Lyal Scranage
Earliest Known Ancestor: William Scranage b. ~1780
Marker Location: Warwickshire, UK
Name: Mr. John Crozier
Earliest Known Ancestor: John Crozier born 1782 Durham died?
Marker Location: Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE3, UK
Name: Mr. William Leonard Murray
Earliest Known Ancestor: John Murray 1760-1848 Bewcastle & Mary Potts
Marker Location: Bewcastle, Cumbria CA6, UK
Name: Mr. Rene Michael Elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: John Elliot 1768
Marker Location: Hobkirk, The Scottish Borders TD9 8, UK
Name: Mr. John Allan Elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: William Elliott, 1828-1867
Marker Location: Woodside St, Coatbridge ML5 5AH, UK
Name: Mr. Patrick Brady Faul
Earliest Known Ancestor: Francis Michael Faul, b.1822 ish
Marker Location: Ballynacally, Co. Clare, Ireland
Name: Michael Maloy Faul
Earliest Known Ancestor: Francis Michael Faul b. 1822ish
Marker Location: Clare, Co. Clare, Ireland
Name: Mr. Nathan John Elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: John Elliott
Marker Location: Raphoe, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Name: Mr. Roderic John Elliott
Earliest Known Ancestor: Robert Elliott, 1857 – 1930
Marker Location: Australia
mtDNA – Ancestral Origins
|Country||Match Total||Country Total||Percentage||Comments|
|Germany||1||17157||< 0.1 %|
|Italy||2||5381||< 0.1 %|
|United States||1||11879||< 0.1 %|
HVR1 AND HVR2 MATCHES
Y-DNA – Ancestral Origins
|Country||Match Total||Country Total||Percentage||Comments|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||1||270||0.4%|
|Brazil||10||350||2.9%||MDKO: Brazil (1)|
|Canada||49||1308||3.7%||MDKO: Canada (1)|
|Colombia||6||119||5%||MDKO: Colombia (2)|
|Cuba||7||137||5.1%||MDKO: Cuba (3)|
|Czech Republic||12||1365||0.9%||Bohemia (1)|
|Dominican Republic||2||37||5.4%||MDKO: Dominican Republic (1)|
|England||1077||42773||2.5%||MDKO: United Kingdom (1), MDKO: United States (5), Wiltshire (1)|
|France||212||6955||3%||Alsace (1), MDKO: Canada (2), MDKO: United States (1), Vosges (1)|
|Germany||391||22855||1.7%||Bavaria (1), Holland (1), MDKO: Argentina (1), MDKO: United States (1), Prussia (2), Saxony (1), Swabia (1), Westphalia (1)|
|Ireland||671||28669||2.3%||European admixture (1), MDKO: United States (1), Northern (1)|
|Isle of Man||1||72||1.4%|
|Italy||80||6289||1.3%||Sephardic (1), Sicily (6)|
|Mexico||29||1656||1.8%||MDKO: Mexico (5)|
|Northern Ireland||58||2185||2.7%||Uster (1)|
|Portugal||47||2018||2.3%||Azores (4), Madeira (1)|
|Puerto Rico||5||362||1.4%||MDKO: Puerto Rico (1)|
|Saudi Arabia||2||7005||< 0.1 %|
|Scotland||723||20193||3.6%||MDKO: Australia (1), MDKO: Canada (2), MDKO: United States (2)|
|Spain||172||5784||3%||Catalunya (1), Galicia (1), MDKO: Cuba (1), MDKO: Mexico (5)|
|Switzerland||52||3411||1.5%||Bern (2), St. Gallen (1)|
|United Kingdom||423||15133||2.8%||Isle of Man (2), MDKO: United States (1)|
|United States||414||16556||2.5%||Czechoslovakia (1), European admixture (1), MDKO: Canada (1), MDKO: United States (11), Prussia (1)|
|United States (Native American)||25||1783||1.4%||MDKO: United States (1)|
|Wales||140||3420||4.1%||MDKO: United States (1)|
Today’s generation of the Elliott family inherits a name that was first used by the Scottish tribe known as the Picts. The first family to use the name Elliott lived in Liddesdale and Teviotdale where the family has a long and distinguished history dating back to the early Middle Ages. The name is actually derived from the Old English personal name Elwald or Aelfwald, but this name is now all but extinct as a personal name.
Early Origins of the Elliott family
The surname Elliott was first found in Liddesdale, and Teviotdale. Although originally from Elliott, a village near Forfar, this Clan was persuaded by the Douglases to move south to help defend the border in 1396. There they became one of the most influential clans. Some of the notable personalities were “Archie Fire the Braes,” “Hob of the Park,” “Little Jock of the Park,” “Jock Half Lugs,” “Jock A’God’s Name,” “Gibbe Wi’ the Gowden Gartens.”Framed Surname History and Coat of Arms – Black
Early History of the Elliott family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Elliott research.
Another 141 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1499, 1546, 1898, 1592, 1632, 1636, 1668, 1604, 1690, 1612, 1685, 1640, 1665, 1714, 1700, 1670, 1797 and are included under the topic Early Elliott History
Elliott Spelling Variations
Repeated and inaccurate translation of Scottish names from Gaelic to English and back resulted in a wide variety of spelling variations with single names. Elliott has appeared Elliott, Elliot, Eliot, Eliott, Ellegett, Ellegot, Ellecot, Ellacott, Ellacot, Ellgate, Ellett, Ellit and many more.
WELCOME TO’ RANDAZZO
Randakes “Medieval city”. The black city of the Etna!
Driven Visits in Language: French, English, German, Russian, Spaniard, Chinese.
Seen of the volcano the Etna and the stream of lava of March 17, 1981, brief stanstill, entered to Randazzo.
The guided visit will allow you to discover the historic center in stone of lava, the former districts (Latin, Greek, Lombard) the beautiful churches, and the bell-tower of S. Martin (XIII° century), the small suggestive alleys (Street of the Bows) with the former nobles palaces of the past (Royal palace, Clarentano palace), finally it will be planned for the visitors, a tasting free gastronomic ethno with typical products local: cheeses, sausages of the Nebrodis, pesto to the Pistachio, pâtés, olive oil, bread of house, D.O.C wines. of the Etna, white, red, Rosy, different aromas of liqueurs. Doughs with the almonds.
The city of Randazzo having very several centuries of history, it is difficult to establish its date of birth, even though it existed surely already in medieval time, indeed historian ” Michele Amari” makes carry up the foundation with the former name of “Randakes” during the Byzantine period, but the recovery of currencies and archaeological finds indicates that the city was lived from the Greek period, even without the presence of documents epigraphs. In the years 1535, for its strategic importance and splendor, the emperor Charles V, assigned to the city titles it of city, with a center of about 12 living miles. Randazzo is situated to 754 meters of altitude, on the sea level, to 15 kilometers of the crater of the Etna, bathed at the north by the stream the Alcantara, included between two parks, the park of the Etna to South and the Park of the Nebrodis to North, its history, the monuments, the beauties natural of its surroundings, the traditions gastronomic ethno, the cultural attractions, made it become a particular and sought-after destination.
For the origin of the name of Randazzo, there is two likely hypothesis, the first that it would drift of the most former city situated on the same territory, named Trinacia, name that Randacium would have become then oh Randatium (of Latin). The other hypothesis makes the governor of the city of Taormine carry up his denomination, with Randakes, that in Byzantine time would have spread his powers even on the countries of the territory of the Etna.
In the present site, Randazzo seems that he developed itself during the IX° century J.C. after the destruction of the small city of Tissa by the Moslem hand. The fleeing inhabitants of this city gave life then to a new housing nucleus. After about one century, Randazzo had assumedthe dimension of a big city.
In the years 1078, Roger of Hauteville, stopped in Randazzo, letting to the convent of S. Marie Madeleine the picture of S. Georges (from wich the Legend tells us the episode of it), ten years after the pope Urbano II stopped also the direct to Troina to fight against the Turkish.
In the years 1194, with Henri VI, began the Swabian domination that will give origin to the urban aspect that anchors Randazzo today it preserves. Will rise monasteries and churches and the trade will develop itself notably. But with Fédèric II, emperor of Swabia, for his will, Randazzo will take the aspect of a city fortress, with a surrounding wall consisting of eight towers and twelve doors of entry. He had the church of S. Marie constructed also, including Randazzo among the cities “dèmaniales” and choosing it like reserve natural of hunt.
In 1282, the population emerges against Carlo Of angiò, war of the twilight, becoming the field of weapons for the military operations against the angevins of Pietro of Aragon. it Began for Randazzo a long period of splendor, with the domicile of the royal court and the Sicilian nobility that enriched the place with works of art and precious objects. In 1305, Frédéric II of Aragon chooses Randazzo like home of summer while ordering to the barons of Sicily to get to his own orders. In the Guglielmo city was born, eldest of Frédéric to whom it was granted the title of ” Duke of Randazzo.”
In 1536 to the west of Randazzo, an igneous mouth will invade left of the territory of the city while provoking damages to agriculture without touching the country however. It was also the year of the arrival of the emperor Carlo V. the years to come Randazzo was theater of others numerous historic events, that they always saw the city protagonist. its luck lasted how long the island was not choked by the politics of the sovereigns Espagnols. Randazzo withdrew in the memory of the its former memorials, while surviving the cult of its glory and its traditions, end to be damaged left from its monumental heritage, during the events of World War II.
The city of Randazzo was the only one of theValdemone defended by walls of enclosure, symbol of its size and power. Around its defensive walls took place a big part of the events more important of its history, in particular during the period aragonaise. Here in 1078, before facing the Saracens, Ruggero the Norman will arrive in the Monastery of Saint Maria Madeleine to let the relics of Saint Giorgio there of which he was deeply faithful. September 8 of 1282, to the margins of the Oriental Door, (Porta Messina or of the Jews), will portray the troops of King Pietro First of Aragon; under the steepness of the church of S. Maria, close to Carried Pugliese, the collision of night arrived between the army “randazzese” against the troops of the renegade Admiral Ruggero of Lauria; close to the old Door of the Roccaro.
Of the Tower of Saint Dominique they agitated the flags and the trumpets for the Parliament General Sicilian; through Porta Palermo October 28, 1535 entered in city Carlo V, the emperor that on his domains, ” the sun never lay down! “. The first testimony on the existence of the Defensive walls of Randazzo carries up in the beginning of the period aragonaise, when king Pietro I°, chooses Randazzo like general district of the operations against the Angevinses that besieged Messina. To one kilometer of the eastward city, a locality that carries the name of “Field of the King” that he recalls the place in which portrayed the army of the sovereign aragonais again exists. In such opportunity king Pietro I°, restored the Defensive walls, he reinforced the Doors of entry and on two them, the one oriental and the one western, he made the testimony of his restorations place his blazons. Such royal placards are even visible on the door of the East, so-called exactly “Aragonese.”
THE DEFENSIVE WALLS
A long defensive wall was surrounded during the middle Randazzo age about 3 km. (Swabian time) with 8 towers of defense and 12 doors of entry, that it girt on the present historic center to ring. The defensive walls are even visible by small features, especially on the side is, more spread, in proximity of the Monastery Saint Giorgio. Today one of the towers only remained, (Castle Swabia), and four doors: Pugliese door, S. Giuseppe door, Door Saint Martino and Aragonese door, the most representative, she owes her name to the fact that King Pietro I° of Aragon that in the year 1282, he restored it with the defensive walls and he made to affix, next to the blazon of Randazzo, there his and the one of his wife Constancy, again today visible. it is also said, Porta Messina, Door of S. Julien and “Door commonly”, “u mustu “, because in the past, there were the customs-officers appointed to the control of the products that entered in city, as (him mustu) must also.
The church of Saint Maria
Today The church of Saint Maria became the very symbol of Randazzo. The present ranging of the basilica is the result of architectural contributions that goes since the XIII century until the 1863, year in which it was redone the Bell-tower on the original project,
until again to the restorations nowadays. Constructed in the beginning of the thirteenth century with a material lavique, the church presents a complex structure is inside either outside, as having undergone different modifications during the sixteenth and nineteenth century. To remain unaltered in the time remained: the three majestic apses finely medallists with small bows, suspended columns with marquees, cord to the failures and nearly the whole right side. This last presents sorting drills, bifore, mono drills, very elegant and a precious portal achieved in style Gothic Catalan of the fifteenth century, enriched by a small statue made of marble of the Saint Virgin reconductible in the school of Pisa. In direction of the center of the facade, it rises a bell-tower meticulously to cusp worked that has undergone of the modifications in the second half of the eight hundred, with the addition of architectural reliefs in stone chalky half note. Of the five hundred is on the other hand the left side of the church with its Gothic portal and with the vestry sustained by the columns of a porch finely achieved. Toward the first years of the eight hundred it was added to the church the dome, restored recently of time and covered with plates of copper. With regard to the inside, he presents himself at three naves sustained by columns of stone lavique with elegantly cut marquees. In direction of the median nave it is possible to admire a precious picture paints representing the “Histories of datable Marie”of the eighteenth century. In the right nave, it is on the other hand a make baptismal in marble of the sixteenth century and a canvas representing “Jesus’ Baptism” works of Francesco Paolo Finocchiaro (sec.XIX-XX). The crucifixion of Van Houmbracken, century XVII, The altars result decorated by different very precious canvases between which worthy of note are: “the Crucifix with the Mother” and “the Sacred Family”, respectively reconductibles in the Messina school and in the Velasquez (1750-1827). Him and possible also to admire an octagonal tabernacle of the school of Messina, a Byzantine fresco representing
“the Virgin Saint of the Pileri”
achieved to the thirteenth century, bound to a tender and devout legend on the origin of the church, “Saves it guard of Randazzo” of Girolamo Alibrandi (1470-1524), “the Martyrdom of Saint Sebastiano”, work of Danièle Monteleone (1600-1614). The Dormizione, Assunzione and Inconorazione of Marie “Virgin” of Giovanni Caniglia, (1548), of which the diagram of composition of this picture is inspired” The Vara” (religious chariot). In the left nave, it is the “Martyrdom” of S. Agata, of Gabriele Onofrio, on the other hand century XVII. Very precious are also the cabinets in walnut of the vestry going back up to the 1680 and the 1768.
The church of San Nicola
She is the biggest church of Randazzo and the Diocese, characteristic this one for which King Frédéric II of Swabia granted him the privilege to make the place where to unite Civics General Assemblies. The older parts go back up to the dry. XIII and its original structure was in Swabian Norman style. it was restructured in 1589, as recalls us the funerary stone fixed on the south side of the church. successively in 1605, it will present itself like a complex architectural imposing of the last rinascimento with structures of times and different styles, unfortunately destroyed by the bombardments that they deprived it of the biggest part of its works of art.
The perspective of the dry. XVI was drawn by the big Architect of the Senate ANDREA CALAMECH of Messina, presenting one facade imposes with classic elements slightly interpreted in odd key, as those of the big churches of Rome. On the central door the blazon with the Pasquale lamb and to the such intention the municipal historians affirm that, in faraway times, the church was Episcopal seat.
The present bell-tower of the sec.XVIII replaced the very beautiful belfry in style of the fourteenth century destroys by the big earthquake of 1693. It was rebuilt in the year 1783, a few chunky, biting and incomplete in the terminal part of the pinnacle.
The Polygonal Apses of the dry. XIII, powerful in their structure, present a particular drifting artistic address of the Cistercian style imported by France. The polygonal shape, the motive to small suspended bows and the coronation of the crénelure gives them the aspect of dungeons of fortress very similar to the towers of Mansion of the Mount in Offensive remarks. The inside of the church, was redone completely, having sudden serious damages following the Anglo-American bombardments of the July August 1943. The unique works of value remained are Baptismal fonts of the dry. XIII made of stone sandstone to the hexagonal shape, the style is the Gothic with Byzantine elements. Stormy in different opportunities, It had gone back up and had rearranged following the big works of restructuring of the dry. XVI, seriously damaged by the events of war of 1943. It misses many tips that they don’t permit to determine the original structure of it there. Some of these tips are currently on the wall to his shoulders, the statue of S. Nicola (1523), work made of marble of Gagini Antonello, 1478 – 1536, (biggest Sicilian sculptor of the time) is between the most admirable works of the big master that he/it knew how to engrave in the Saint’s face a solemn serenity and an impressive majesty. The statue is dated and is signed by the author, Opus Antonii Gagini Panormitae – M.D.XX.III -), that it came to Randazzo to place it, to gild it and to cash the payment of 60 eleven. It is also considered a miraculous statue because she/it bled during a painful conjuncture, a big famine and immediately it quit mortality after the 30.06.1672. In to remember this event in Randazzo, until some time him had there has the use to prepare supposedly in the night of December 6, feast of the Saint, the dog house “, a dish of grain boiled seasoned with cool ricotta.. On the file of the altar are two panels representing the Saint’s miracles. the altar of the Crucifix that presents Panels made of marble of Giacomo Gagini (1535) placed in part on the lateral walls. A crucifix paints on wood of the dry. XVII, beautiful pictorial work on table of unknown author. A “trittico” of school antonelliana with the Virgin Saint between S. Lucia and S. Agata. While the altar of the Sacrament of Gagini Antonello, offer of beautiful representations “scenes” of the passion, Jesus with the disciples to the Emmaüs.
The Church of St. Martin
The native prospectus of the sec. XIII, which the bell tower belongs, was referred in the sec. XV and subsequently restructured in the weary one of time that has gone since 1607 to 1630. And’ of a Baroque sober adorned in the line of the moulding by some metopes in sandstone, by now had been flaking for the time, belonging to the first rinascimento. The actual prospectus, linear and simple it is of the sec. XVII, of it the architect’s name planner is ignored that, that is certainly, inspired to more solemn than the façade of the church of S. Nicola, work of the great Andrew Calamech (1524 – 1589). While the bell tower Sec. XI-XII, in his/her inferior part it probably goes up again a year thousand; it is to four overlapped floors and the discontinuity, after the second floor, it tells us that it belongs to different epoches, with a succession of couples of monofore to rich bicrome and bundles of mullions to the first and second floor, and to the clear trifore mitrate in white stone with Gothic rosoncini and trasforo. The polygonal steeple confers to the tower merlata from the bicolored motives an ascensional motion. It was defined by the Maganuco “a musical expression” of beautiful architectural. And’ wisely restores to halves the nineties. The inside Sec. XVII, the whole complex, to form basilica the, have suffered enormous damages from the 1943 allied bombardments, for which lost big part of the works of art of great artistic value that the church possessed have gone. The following works remain, still well few in comparison to what there was. Baptismal source in red marble Curly porfidico of Angel (1447). wine glass Font of lily in white marble poggiante on mullion twisted her, Anonymous – sec. XIV: Ciborium in marble – sec. XIV. Delicious work in Gothic in bloom with Catalan influences. Destroyed by the war events, shattered pieces they were religiously picked and faithfully reassembled. Statue of the Madonna of the Mercy – sec. XVI. And’ statue of school gaginesca, belonged to the church of the Mercy from which it originated in the year 1625. Statue of the Madonna of the Graces sec. XVI. Delicate work in his/her expression of tall lyricism, with neck and the tapered fingers, with her falling dress to the feet in a harmonic heap of folds. And’ is decorated with sketches in gold from the same hand of the artist.(giovanni Anthony Matinati). 1530 Wooden Crucifix, unusual ornament and boast of the church, are the miraculous Crucifix said ” of the rain “, work of great and effective modeling. Quadretto of the Pity – sec. XV. And’ the most precious quadretto in the church, belonging to the four hundred Sicilian of Antonello from Saliba (1466 – 1535): Polittico antonelliano of the sec. XV. The work belonged to the suppressed Monastery of the Benedictines of seclusion of S. Bartolomeo, he has been performed on wood in which, in different compartments, the Madonna they are represented with their Child, placed side by side by the Saints Marta and Maddalena. The superior part is busy from the group of the Pity to the center, with to the sides the mystery of the Annunciazione.E’ a picture of great merit in which the characters are modeled to the way antonelliana: delicate softness of the faces and wise coloration.
The Castel Swabia
The Tower castle of Randazzo, visible Place Saint Martino is situated on an overhang of rock lavique, it is the only surviving tower of the 7 towers bet to the care of the city on the enclosure of masonry. Already exist to the times of Frédéric II of Swabia, it probably occupied a big extent of the present. He/it was seat of the Justicier of the Valdemone, while becoming thus place of detention of prisoners and convicted to the capital punishment, the windows with grids of the north side appear on the Timpa of S.Giovanni, where he rose the scaffold, to pass then, to the alternative events, in the families Romeo and Vagliasindis, that they assumed the title of it, and finally to come intended to the jail of the judicial circumscription.
Awful and dark place, with the spots to the oven, the well of buried them quick that they had descended with the pulley, the room of the torture, the gallery of the skulls,; restored today and returned to the population, with his noble perspective, the portal dominated by the Swabian eagle, the notched tower has been transformed in a permanent cultural center, it receives exhibitions and exhibitions of art, a collection interesting of puppets Sicilian “I Pupi Sicilianis! “, and since 1998 it is seat of the Museum archaeological Paolo Vagliasindi.
The surface of the territory of Randazzo that falls again in part inside the park of the Etna, of the park of the Nebrodis and in the reserve of the Alcantara, offer of numerous natural beauties to the visitors who can with many itineraries, with naturalistic trails to reach the volcano also, the landscape of the streams laviques, that modeled the hips of the Etna, at times while letting the place at the charming zones of green, wood of Spanish Mount, and to the small glacier named the underground cave of the frost, (Pirao houses Spaniard-Underground cave Mount of the Frost about lasted 4 hours, part 1.100/2000 meters of altitude), also offering the possibility to pass with different itineraries excursionists, some day again, in contact with intact zones in any period of the year.
Of Randazzo in departure for pouring them of the Etna by jeeps!
ETNA EXCURSIONS: Pouring Etna South crater Silvestri/Valle central/cratères of the Bove/Monti Sartorius/Grotta of the Ladroni/Goles of the Alcantara.
The Etna, the biggest active volcano of Europe with a surface of about 1250 km2 and a height of about 3350 meters on the sea level, can be considered, for his continuous igneous demonstrations of these last years, one of the most active volcanos of the world. 3350 meters of height he dominates Sicily, the three seas that they surround it and Calabria. The Etna offers multiple and suggestive aspects through hundreds of adventitious craters, incandescent streams of lava, woods, citrus fruits and verdant vineyards that wake the scientific curiosity and the tourist interest of the visitors of everybody up. Two modern freeways that unite the city of Messina and Palermo, permit to reach the Etna in a short time of every tourist locality of Sicily. The access to the volcano is permitted by the provincial streets coming from Nicolosi and Zafferana Etnea SP 92 to arrive until the height of 1923 m., (Nicolosi Nord – Shelter Sapienza).
Departure by Jeeps of Randazzo 8,00 hours.
Direction kicks provincial one thousand Quota until the locality of Linguaglossa continuation for the small countries: brief stop in Fornazzo for panoramic view and photograph volcano, pursuit toward the locality of Zafferana Etnea / SP 92 to go up until the Sylvestri craters to 1986 meters of altitude, original of a stream lavique of July 9, 1892, view streams of lava of the 2001 and 2002, panoramic view of the place the Cantoniera, free tasting of the honey and products typical of the Etna, “The fire of the Etna” (alcohol 70°)! continuation toward the locality of Milo, take a trail natural of the Park of the Etna, crossed of the stream lavique of 1971, (Milo, until 1700 meters of altitude). small walking to reach the point of observation for panoramic view of the crater of the Southeast and the Valley of Beef, original of the downfall of an old volcano”, The Trifoglietto”. Continuation for the visit of the Mount Sartoriuses, Shelter Citelli 1700 m.), 7 small craters extinguished of the 1865 dislocated to shape of “Buttonhole” and the suggestive landscape characterized by the trees: the Birch of the Etna (Betula Atenensis). Exploration of an underground cave with torchlight, ropes, helmets, “the Underground cave of the Thieves”. Tasting Sicilian pastry, doughs of almonds and wine of Zibibbo dessert. Continuation toward the locality of Dish Provenzana (Linguaglossa), for the lunchtime”, Peak has Sicilian! bread of house, typical cheeses (Provola,Pecorino), ham, sausage of the Nebrodis, tomatoes underside dry oil, fruits in season, Barbecue “mixed Grill of meat”, red wine of the Etna. OR typical Lunch in an agritourisme to the feet of the Etna. In the afternoon, pursuit for visit of the Throats dell ‘Alcantara,Its Natural Trail, locality Larderia district, in the Francavilla of Sicily, natural spectacle original of an eruption of the volcano mysterious of Moio Alcantara, foreseen return that passes from it of the small Castiglione country of Sicily considered the beautiful to See the Valley of the Alcantara! Return hours foreseen 19,00 hours.
The name Eliot appears in Normandy in 1195 and a son of Anschar Elyot in 1198.
It has been argued by Keith Elliott Hunter that the origins of the St. Germans Eliot family were among the Bretons accompanying William the Conqueror, who were originally rewarded with lands in Devon. The Breton origin of Eliot and Elliot is indicated by these names being in significant clusters in Morbihan, southern Brittany. Soon after victory at the Battle of Hastings Elliots, under Count Brien of Penthievre (Morbihan), were despatched to the West Country. Other Eliots were sent later to Monmouthshire in South Wales and to the marcher counties, where significant clusters of the name can be found today. Bretons also settled in the north, as vassals of the Breton Earl of Richmond, Alan of Penthievre.
Large surviving clusters of Eliots in Normandy (Seine Maritime) today could be due to later grants of land. The Alliots, found also in Southern Brittany and the Loire Atlantique, had lands in the modern French departement of Aisne. One variant in Scotland was Dalliot (or, more likely, d’Alliot) and a variation from the Breton original name Ellegouet, from which the Scots variant Elligott is derived, is to be found in clusters in Finistere. Elot is also a Breton name variant.