Your organization’s challenges are unique. Your UX strategy must be unique too.
A successful UX strategy must adapt to the constantly shifting landscape. A single plan won’t cut it.
You need an action plan—or as we like to call it, a playbook—filled with strategies that are most likely to succeed for you and organization. Identify your team’s current and future UX needs and use your playbook to get you the next level.
Want to improve your organization’s UX strategy?
Subscribe to UX Strategy, our newsletter focused on bringing UX to a strategic level inside your organization.
A workshop about real-world UX strategies
Every minute of this 2-day workshop is about you, your team, and your organization. Will guide you through 130+ of UX strategies to identify the perfect combination for your organization, such as:
- Adapting to shifting market forces and organizational priorities
- Driving product and service roadmaps with a focus on solving your customer’s problems
- Upgrading your team’s capabilities to tackle difficult UX challenges
- Nurturing and growing pockets of organizational support for creating delightful experiences
Return to work ready to implement the most effective strategies for your organization’s specific needs and goals. Drive your organization to becoming competitive through better design.
Bring your senior team
A UX strategy is easiest when your entire senior team is on board. When you bring them along, we’ll have special activities for you to discuss and explore what will work best in your organization. If you can’t, don’t worry. We’ll match you up with others in similar situations to bounce ideas off and reflect on your optimal strategies.
8am – 9amRegistration & breakfast (provided by us)
9am – 12:30pm Driving your organization’s transformation
Start your journey to transform into a design-infused organization.
- Broaden your UX team’s reach and influence throughout your organization
- Connect with your market’s current emphasis, whether on new features or better experiences
- Communicate the value of design to executives and stakeholders by socializing a solid vision of future user experiences
Move your organization beyond design thinking, to design doing.
- Deploy plays that educate the entire organization on good design and what it takes to get there
- Connect the decisions of key influencers to their effects on customer experiences
- Uncover your organization’s hidden UX champions, who don’t yet realize they can use your team’s skills and knowledge to achieve their key business objectives
12:30pm – 1:30pmLunch (provided by us)
1:30pm – 5:30pm Leading product and service innovation
Integrating UX strategy into the product and service roadmap.
- Convert product strategy from building new features to solving critical customer problems
- Build a research plan to identify critical UX expectations to satisfy market needs
- Integrate pleasure, flow, and meaning into the product definition, to infuse delight into the overall delivery strategy
Drive the vision that produces innovative, metric-driven products and services.
- Rally your organization behind a research-based UX vision, getting everyone moving in the same direction
- Identify a plan of “baby steps” that delivers new value to customers through innovation
- Assess delivery success with UX-driven metrics, using data science to identify the cost and scope of customer problems and their solutions
6pm – 7pmHappy Hour (apps and one drink provided by us)
8am – 9amBreakfast (provided by us)
9am – 12:30pm Readying your team to tackle bigger design challenges
Build up your dream team, capable of pushing UX to new levels within your organization.
- Assess the team’s skills against what you’ll require for current and future challenges
- Build an internal skill training capability, that increases team proficiency
- Recruit top talent to fill in the team’s skill gaps, using performance-based hiring to ensure every new hire is a perfect fit
Develop a culture of continuous learning, encouraging constant improvements everywhere.
- Use journey maps, critiques, and design studios to bring out everybody’s inherent design skills
- Increase the skills of your non-designer influencers, focusing decisions on what’s best for the customers
- Institute novel mentorship programs to propagate design skills and resources across the entire organization
12:30pm – 1:30pmLunch (provided by us)
1:30pm – 5:30pm(It’s very important you stay all the way to 5:30. We bring the entire UX Strategy Playbook together at the end of the day.)
Lay the groundwork for change at all levels
Tackle your organization’s biggest challenges with a focused playbook.
- Choose from more than 125 proven plays to create a playbook unique to your needs
- Assess each possible play based on impact to the organization and feasibility to execute
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in your organization, playing into your strengths and upgrading where you’re weak
Build an action plan with next steps you’ll execute right away.
- Start with the end in mind: envision what success looks like, so you’ll know what you’re reaching for
- Create a “sales plan” that maps the most effective plays to critical organizational challenges, to sell your playbook to key stakeholders
- Construct your essential to-do list, with the first pivotal steps you’ll execute for each play
Multiply your organization’s design competitiveness
Spread design awareness with better exposure to users
“We should’ve done this years ago” is the response when influential team members interact with your users for the first time. Create a comprehensive exposure program to demonstrate the priorities of your current user experience and give a context to an ideal aspirational experience.
Excite the troops with a future of great design
Your aspirational experience can serve as a flag in the sand on the horizon, showing everyone where to march. Different teams, with divergent goals, can move toward your vision of a great, unified design across your organization’s entire product and service offerings.
Build a culture where learning is the driver to success
Design leaders see massive benefits from having better design-skilled teams outside of just their own. When all members of the organization can explain the value of design, the organization benefits. Teams in every department can increase their power to produce and contribute better designed experiences.
The workshop starts and ends at your office
A couple weeks before you arrive, we’ll send you important assignments. You’ll identify your organization’s major challenges and conduct an assessment of your team’s skills. We’ll use that information to select the strategies. We’ll also have several entertaining videos for you to watch, to give you the necessary background for the workshop. With about 4 hours of preparation, you’ll be ready to hone in on the exact strategies your organization needs.
You’ll see how to
- Identify the design maturity of your organization, to tailor your approach.
- Calculate your user frustration costs and how your UX team can return value.
- Infuse delight into your products, by adding pleasure, flow, and meaning.
- Measure UX improvements with metrics driven by business objectives.
- Assess the design capabilities of the team, filling gaps to handle challenges.
- Grow the design literacy and fluency of the entire organization.
Everything you need to tackle essential UX challenges
Work more effectively with Non-Designers, Stakeholders, and Influencers
Your team isn’t an island in your organization. To create truly great user experiences, your team needs to work with others who also understand design. Identify the essential strategies that will bring others into the loop and have them contribute equally to the design.
Work more strategically throughout your organization
Change how key decisions are made. Ensuring customer and user needs are at the center of key product decisions and move your organization away from being a feature-production machine. You’ll start to solve important customer problems and shift your organization’s position as a market leader in the process.
Create breakthrough product and service experiences
Build a team that looks at the user’s experience holistically, taking a broad end-to-end approach and focusing on the specific steps to innovation. Learn when to employ fast ideation plays, like Design Sprints, and when to use big picture plays, such as Customer Journey Maps.